Chiron'

Chiron'

Monday, December 3, 2007

A Lighter Touch

Whenever I am feeling down, I mean, REALLY, feeling down, I find myself returning to a section in my media collection that I affectionately refer to as “Life Support”. It is a collection of music and movies which represent the essence of “my ideas”. Some of the music is less about the lyrical content and more about the sound and some of the movies are less about the entertainment than they are about the message. In both cases, I am fully aware that the sounds and lyrics and messages may actually be less about the plastic entity of what is being observed, and more about what these mnemonic devices represent to me. My collection represents the experience I have accumulated during my time on this plane. So, when I run out of juice, when the needle of my spirit is bumping up against the label of my metaphorical lesson, and it's time to turn it over and start again, I find myself returning to Life Support.

I think we all have our own ways of doing this, whether others do as I do or not I really cannot say. What I can say is, the labor of the artists whose work is in my collection I consider to be Divinely inspired. As such, I feel that I/we are eternally in their debt for pushing the envelope to endeavor to complete such projects, and make them available to all of us.

This brings me to today's selection. I would like to personally thank Kevin Smith and everyone involved in the project “Dogma”. I have no doubt that there was enormous resistance to the making of that film. Quite a paradox actually. A film which I am certain was likely condemned by the many very religious people, on the grounds that it is blasphemous, is to me, a film which renews my hope, and my faith in Spirit. I am not really sure what Kevin intended in terms of the emotional response to the end of that film, I can only tell you that for me, it represents the epitome of what I had believed about Spirit all along.....and I think that's pretty cool.

My interpretation of Divine Spirit is one of light, mischievous, quirky, enigmatic, adorable Love.

Or.........if you prefer, smoldering, intense, loyal, unrelenting and undying.........Love.

I find it comforting to think of the Divine as a woman with a fatal attraction for the spirit of humanity. It is comforting because, I know that she will forgive me, if, in my ignorance I unknowingly do things that hurt her. It is from this sacred trust that I may open my heart to the Divine. It is from this sacred place that I may fill my heart with her Love.

Sometimes, I find that I become distracted by all of the junk that goes on in my daily life. Sometimes I actually forget to eat. Sometimes I become stressed and I forget to drink. Sometimes I find I cannot sleep.

Sometimes, I forget that She will ALWAYS Love me.
Because she knows, no matter what I say, no matter what I ever do....how IN Love... I am with her.

No comments: