Chiron'

Chiron'

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Smile and the world smiles with you...

I think that one of the most interesting discovery’s that I have made recently is just what the impact of a smile is on a persons face.

I recently went to meet someone who I had never seen in person before, and although I looked right at her, didn’t recognize her because she wasn’t smiling. Yet the moment that she began to smile, I knew her immediately. I had no idea that a simple genuine smile could alter the topography of a face to that degree. Julie really does have a beautiful smile.

If she had not smiled, I would have thought that I had missed her and that she wasn’t actually in the room at all.

What does this say about the impact of a smile in general in our lives on a daily basis?

How are other aspects of our lives altered because of a missing smile?

According to my mechanic, a person can burn forty calories a day if you laugh for just 15 minutes a day. (No wonder he is so thin!) Dan almost always has a smile on his face.

It makes me wonder how many of the potential opportunities may be initiated simply because we are smiling.

A simple genuine smile can take your average everyday person and turn them into an attractive thing of beauty.

The charm school instructor in the move “Point of no return” instructs our heroine Bridget Fonda (one of my all-time favorite dream gals) to “Always smile when you enter a room, it puts others at ease”.

I’m quite certain that a smile also causes our own body to react emotionally as well. Especially if the smile is genuine.

Sometimes it becomes difficult to smile though. The saying “Grin and bare it” comes to mind. We have heard that saying so often that I think it has somewhat lost it’s original comedic appeal. In some cases people don’t even know to what “bare it” refers to.

But in the end, (cackling) it doesn’t matter. As I have stated before, all of what is......is merely a process of coming to be, and then falling away.
What matters to us as members of earth-school, is that we fully understand the lack of relevance of all the small things in our lives, (the material possessions, the level of our popularity, the mark that we leave behind us on this world in terms of our accomplishments).

All of it pales in comparison to the value of how we learn to simply treat each other.

When our life is done, when it is all over, if we have left behind a memory of our smile in the hearts and minds of those we have loved, then we have lived a rich and rewarding life.

No comments: