Chiron'

Chiron'

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Love and Respect

There is no “THEM”....

There is only.....”US”


Re-SPECT

Looking at the word, it seems to be code for an older wiser meaning than what the commonly accepted vernacular seems to represent in these times.

Respect. To HONOR. Re=to repeat. Spect= to look. The act of Respecting is to RE LOOK. To take another perspective, to re-examine. To re-evaluate. To honor another viewpoint.

In my world, it becomes apparent to me that the only way that I can ever truly respect (or honor) myself, is to “show others respect”. For, as I recognize that I am connected to all things, I also recognize that to respect others IS to respect myself.

It necessarily follows then, that if I can NOT respect (or show honor to) others, I can not honor myself. (because of that little snag where I am connected and basically indivisible from all else, whether I am aware of that or not)

So I guess this means I have to honor other ........everything?

Yup, looks that way.

Because it is all but an extension of what I am. Some other way of expressing that witch is me.

Whether I am gazing upon another race, religion, philosophy, expression of sexuality, expression of the body politic, belief of being (or non being as the case may be) perspective on reality, or of course, most importantly....
who makes the best car.

It’s all part of me. As I stretch my mind around that......FACT.

I am humbled. Fortunately, God gave me an energy, a tool, a catalyst to help me accept that which seems foreign or prohibitively distant to me.

He gave me the ability to Love. All I need to do, to learn to accept all that there is that is out there.....that is OTHER forms of ME........is to Love.

As I learn to open my heart, and Love freely, I discover that my heart increases it’s capacity, it’s potential, it’s strength, to Love.

John was really telling us the truth. All we need is Love.

No comments: