Chiron'

Chiron'

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Third Wind


In memory of Reed Murray.

I am finally beginning to grasp the concept that when I, myself, am undergoing terrific movement in my world... that it isn’t just me in that world experiencing movement.

With this in mind I’d like to take a moment, a breather, and pause for a second to encourage everyone that this................all this...............is just a process of falling away and coming to be.

As I continue down my path I am more and more convinced that of the many theories that I’ve had regarding life and existence on this planet, that the one of “EarthSchool” is gaining ground in becoming my foremost opinion.

As I sit here this morning nursing the many aches and pains that my body reports to me, I also become aware that all of these various aches and pains are highly reflective to me in a very physical way of my passage through the experiences of the last week.

Our Corpus boatshow always brings about an opportunity for all of us at the shop to display to ourselves and each other that we can not only function under extreme duress, but that we can do so and still manage to let the best of who we are come out and come forth. I cannot help but find it strangely ironic that the Corpus Christy boatshow is located in a place named after the body of Christ. In the last two years, each time we have had this show I have simultaneously been required by the Universe to release a lot of things that I have been holding on to.

This morning I listen to October Projects “Return to Me” first thing upon waking in the morning with my cup of over-strong starbucks colombian coffee. I like to put Vanilla Caramel “coffee dust” as I call it, in there and what happened originally as an accident has now seemingly become somewhat of a ritual.

I used to listen to this song thinking of my ex, but lately, more and more I realize that it was indicative of the rune representing messages. The reference of “Return to Me” is that of my Higher Self, or maybe even the Divine talking to me trying desperately to get my attention. There is just something about the key of this song. The way it begins with notes stretching forward, but not necessarily up or down. It is music that to me represents a lateral stretch, forward. I can listen to it over and over, and I do.




So now, I listen to the same music with a completely different emphasis.
Now, upon my day off, I follow this simple ritual to call myself back. To consciously bring myself back to center space and to love and encourage myself as well as to acknowledge the dust on me from the path that I travel.

The latest lesson I believe I have been being taught was that of “acceptance”. Last year I lost a great deal of control in my life and became terrified that I could no longer move forward under my own power with any sense of sanity because I couldn’t manage to stay in control of even the smallest aspects of what occurred in my life. I lost people close to me, I lost material possessions and finally, I seemed to lose the need to be at the helm of my life. It was extremely painful and depressing.

Family and friends refused to give up on me and although their methods weren’t always appreciated, they did manage to keep poking me with a stick in one way or another until I began to move again, if for no other reason than out of my own agitated irritation.

I suppose another way of putting it would be that I was a ship on the water running at full speed until I threw a rod. I didn’t just break a drive componet, I torched the entire drive-train. I continued to move forward on the same heading for a while as the inertia of my immense effort finally faded away leaving me motionless in the water, drifting without power or directional control.

I spent a good while motionless, listening to the water lapping up against my ship, just thinking about things. About the time I was ready to abandon ship, something I never expected happened. The soft breath of the wind blew in off the water.

I suppose that is the lesson. It’s fine to go tearing about in my ship under the well developed horsepower of my will, as long as I remain mindful that, on occasion, it’s really best to raise a sail and allow myself to be carried in a direction that I normally wouldn’t have thought to go.

Reed Murray was one of my Warrior Brothers.

In the middle of the insanity that is my life, I took time out to attend a Warrior meeting seemingly against my better judgment as far as spending time away from the itinerary of my lifes various deadlines.

Of the many many men that were at that meeting, I seemed to keep bumping into Reed. I thought it was funny at the time. We were trying to get something organized and because Reed is such a natural leader, I kept asking him questions about what he wanted done here or there.

I had asked him, who was in charge? (so that I could direct my questions to the person who was running the show)

He finally became irritated with me and told me with a loving smile that when I was running the show, I could do things like I wanted to.

Such a strange message to be the last thing he ever said to me.

Reed Murray was killed in a motorcycle accident on Tuesday.

The look in his eyes when he last looked at me will remain with me forever.

Reed Murray was a man of Love.

I aspire to be like you Reed. I thank you for being in my life and sharing your wisdom with me. Thank you for helping teach me the lesson that sometimes, you just have to let go, and that it’s not a bad thing, but just a thing.

Love
Chiron’

No comments: