Chiron'

Chiron'

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Three Times

He was alone.

He could hear the wind sift through the trees outside his open windows.

Gentle breezes which seemed to be calling his attention.

Like soft.....breathing.

He felt himself unconsciously matching his breathing to the sound.

He felt the long heavy curls of his own hair moving on his neck as the breeze caressed him. He started when he realized he was feeling hair he had long since lost. “shhhhhhh” he heard in the highest registers of his hearing.

He knew this presence, and although he knew that he knew it, he couldn’t place it. Like the lazy curls of smoke from the candle, his memory yawned open in it’s search for recognition. But more importantly, he knew that this presence knew HIM.

He waited, afraid to move a muscle lest he should break the spell.

The firelight flickered shadows in the room around him. It was comforting, the crackle and pop of the fire jarred him into the awareness that he had lit no fire.

In the distance he heard a woman's soft murmur of laughter. It was the laugh of amused affection.

He stared into the fire and even his thoughts seemed to stand still.

He heard the tinkle of a spoon in a tea cup.

She always has tea, he thought, as the aroma of fine black tea reached his nose from the cup on the table before him.

He turned from the fire to the place setting across the table from him, as her eyes beckoned his attention into them.

There she was.

His heart threatened to explode from the intense emotions. Attraction, fear, enchantment, confusion, and recognition.

“Oh come now, after all this time this is how you show me how much you’ve missed me?”, she whispered in mock despair.

“I have absolutely no idea who ....or what..... this “woman” is.”, he thought.

“You know EXACTLY who I am”, she whispered. “But I’ll grant you that it has been a pretty good stretch of time.”

She sipped her tea and pulled her legs up into the chair with her. It was only then that he began to really look at her.

She had long flowing hair. It was red, no, brown, no? black with a purplish tint..

“Stop that!” she commanded. “You will see me as your hearts desire. You know how much I hate it when you cannot make up your mind. Close your eyes and feel me sitting here from your heart, once you have done that, then open your eyes.”

“I can’t do this, it’s confusing.” he said.

“Who ARE you? and what do you want with me?” he inquired.

“There is a part of you who knows who I am, and what I am here for. It has been a very long time. We have some time yet, as I have arrived early. I will come again soon and you will perhaps remember me then.
I’ve missed you little one”

He opened his eyes in panic “no wait!” he gasped.

But he was alone.

No comments: